From:
Garth Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 1996 12:48:28 -0600
Hi all.

I was just about to purchase (adopt) my second ferret from a shelter here in
Austin.  The lady who runs the shelter told me that since I already had a
ferret, she would not let me adopt another one for a couple of months.  You
see, the entire shelter contracted ECE (The Green Slime)about 5 or 6 months
ago, and the vet told her that her ferrets were still carriers.  But, she
also said that she had heard that ferrets only carry the disease for about 5
months, but she wasn't sure.  Anybody got any info on how long ferrets are
carriers of ECE.

I am going to be spending more time away from home now that school is
starting up again, and I want Slinky to have a companion so she won't get
bored.  I've heard that caring for two ferrets isn't really any harder than
caring for one ferret, and if anybody on this list would like to tell me
otherwise, please do.  I live in a two bedroom apartment where the ferrets
and I share my study.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garth Williams
Austin, Tx