From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 20:34:18 -0600
Hi all--

I just wanted to pass along a happy vet story.  Monday I took my ferret,
Gizmo to the vet for his distemper shot.  The vet I took him to was new to
me, but I had heard good things about him.  Not only did he give the Giz his
shot, but he cleaned Gizmo's ears (I hate to do that), and clipped his nails
(another chore I hate).  Dr.  Gates was great, and Gizmo had no problems
with reactions.  I changed vets just because he does all the shelter
ferrets, and I wanted to put the money where it would do the most good.

Also, I am working on using mind control to train Gizmo.  I hold him at eye
level, and say, in a hypnotic tone, "I am a superior mammal, you will listen
and obey." And I try to over power his puny brain with my brain waves.
Then, I usually awake with a start as I am about to fill his food bowl with
raisins, or his water bottle with ferretone, as I mumble "yes, master."
Weird, I guess I need to work on my technique.

Maria and Gizmo