From:
"Anna M. Adam-Spear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 01:12:47 -0500
>It's just hard for me to swallow that millions of dollars couldn't build
>large no-kill animal facilities in at least a few states.

It's late, and I didn't copy down the name of the person who wrote this, but
I wanted to say there are, indeed, no-kill animal facilites.  Austin, Texas
has one.  You have to pay $25 to drop off your pet, but they are *not*
killed.  It's an SPCA shelter.  And I don't know of a single ferret shelter
that has a kill policy, though they aren't funded federally (I'm not
assuming the SPCA is, I don't know one way or the other).

Anna Adam