From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:26:17 -0500
Thanks, Wolfy, for your written piece entitled "I Wish You Could Hear."
It brought tears to my eyes, as you expressed my thoughts about my Fannie
so well.  Your last line about feeling love is wonderful.  This capability
is strong enough in ferrets to break through the barrier of deafness and
it is the capability I, too, am most thankful for.

Incidentally, I have enjoyed your website and found interesting your
comment about deaf ferrets feeling textures more with their body.  Fannie
likes to rub up against my hair if I'm down on the floor with her and I
love the feeling.  One time this quality got her into a pickle.  She
was rolling on the ground near our pool to feel the brick edging and
consequently fell in.  She can swim and I was right there to pull her out
but she hated getting wet.

Thanks again for sharing.

Alice Barrett
Farrah the Ferret Barrett, Fannie Bright Barrett, and Phoebe