From:
William Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 18:12:18 -0400
>From:    Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NYC Legalization
>We went into NYC today to Mayor Giuliani's hearing for the ferret
>legalization bill.

Well thought out and balanced summary, wish I was there.  Was wondering
if anyone brought up the point that seemed quite effective in Mass, that
ferrets were already there and freely available from nearby pet stores and
so on.  The question really is one of whether veterinarians would be able
to treat them, and whether owners would be encouraged to learn about
ferrets, seek medical care when necessary, and get their pets vaccinated.
Issues of both animal cruelty and public health.

- Bill Williamson