From:
Stephanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:20:14 -0400
>#3 (my personal fav) You can purchase a tunnell system for the ferrets
>for less than what you would pay for a marshall thru-way at home
>depot...

And here I thought that I was original.  *smiles*  I can personally vouch
that this is a wonderful idea, I have this system too and my ferrets love
it.  When we got our drainage pipes the employee at home depot was kind
enough to use their table saw to saw the 8 or 10 foot lengths into more
manageable 1.5-2 foot lengths for us.  Doesn't hurt to ask :)

>She actually learned if she bit the two bars above the latch, the
>door would open...So now, their what I thought was a safe and secure,
>anti-break-out house, sports a shiny new clip lock

My ferret, Rascal does this as well.  In fact, he figured this out about
1 month after we got him as a kit.  So we tried the twistee tie method,
it took us all of 4 days to figure out how to get out of that lock.  To
lock our cage instead of a clip lock we have a high tension spring with
hooks on either end to secure the door shut.  (Got them at Home Depot for
around $2) Since we got those he hasn't been able to get the doors open
(not for lack of trying) for 3 years.

Best Wishes to everyone.
Stephanie
Rascal, Jingle, YingYang & Twister, the ferret herder (puppy)