From:
Tracy Lunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:31:13 -0400
Hi everyone,

I rarely post but I've been a list member for a long time, almost 10 yrs
actually!  I'm a vet tech and I was recently contacted by a mother and
son who used to be clients of a hospital I previously worked at .  He
owned his original ferret then with which I helped him with regarding
grooming, general care etc.  Anyway, he currently has 3 ferrets that he
wants to find a home for.  There's alot to the story of course and I
won't go into it here because it would take to long but I would be happy
to give all the details to anyone interested in them.

I went to evaluate them this past Sunday and sadly they haven't been
taken care of properly.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to take any babies
in at this time but I at least wanted to try to help him place them.

Grizzly Bear - 3-5 yr old MN silver mitt, seemed to have a nice
temperment, appeared to be adrenal (classic hair loss)

Mischief- 5-6yr old FS sable, appeared to be healthy, supposedly a biter
but she was good for me when I was handling her?

Angel- 2-3yr FS sable, had a swollen vulva but a nice coat so possibly
adrenal or maybe an incomplete spay?  she is definately a biter per the
owner and it was pretty obvious although I didn't give her a chance when
I was checking her out ;-)

I told him that it was going to be hard to place them considering their
health and social status and that ideally it would be best if they were
placed in a ferret experienced home.

I gave them alot of online resources, info and ideas on how to go about
trying to place them.

I also told him he needs to get them to a ferret knowledgeable vet to get
them checked out, utd on vax, and ADV tested.  I gave him a couple names
of vets I have worked with so I hope he follows through but I'm a little
skeptical about that.  I know that there are so many ferrets in shelters
etc and they all need loving homes but i just wanted to get the word out.

We live in Wilmington, Delaware so if there's anyone in the surrounding
areas of PA, MD, NJ and of course DE that has any interest you can
contact me and I can give you more details and their info.  You can
email me at [log in to unmask] or call at 302-777-4888.

Thanks for your time everyone and any help would be appreciated!!

Tracy
(missing Kodiak, Jasmin, Fritz, Chloe and Sebastian at the rainbow bridge)