From:
"Lisa N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:02:37 -0700
I don't see the issue. Just put that you would prefer donations be made
to your vet, and if they don't want to, just list other items that you
could use as well. That way people can make a choice. Most would
probably rather just call your vet and make a donation or mail a check
to them than send gifts if it comes out cheaper - but in case some
people end up taking ferrets from you and want to send presents they
already have saved up, or made, they can do that too.

On another note - I remember one year I put 3 on the tree a few years
back. I appreciate the Santas so much and still have the bedding sets,
though those rescues are long gone. At first I "retired" the sets but
they were eventually brought back out when I got over the losses and
put back into circulation. I even took pics for the santas and emailed
them.

Also, I did receive a check that was from Canada. My bank wanted to
charge me almost the amount of the check to cash it, as well as any
other place. We never got around it and I humbly asked the sender if
they could perhaps send a money order or some other form of payment,
only if they wanted to. I don't think they got around to it (after
all, it's a hassle). Remember that if you're sending money across the
border, if it's a lower amount, unless the giftee has a bank that
doesn't charge a fee, most might get eaten up in the cashing,
unfortunately.