From:
Lawrence Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:29:42 -0500
<sigh> Freddie has joined Andy at the Bridge. :(  He was not doing well at
all.  He would not eat.  I could only get maybe 1 tsp.  per day in him.  He
had fever, and was gnashing his teeth.  I was giving him Pepto/H20, Amoxi.,
and duck soup.  He started having trouble with his poops, began to loose
control of his bowels and poop where ever he happened to be.  I felt soo
sorry for him.  He even pooped on the sofa.  I know he couldn't help it and
DID NOT scold him.  Last night, he was trying to poop and was straining.  I
couldn't let him suffer.  (I had a ferret to do this and it progressed into
a very painful problem.  She would strain over and over to poop and would
cry out in pain.  There was nothing we could do.  They vets that I had at
the time did the best that they could.) So, this morning I tearfully took
Freddie to join Andy and the others at the Bridge.  He had lost another 1/2
pound.  He was a big boned ferret and looked pitiful.  No "meat" on him.  I
held him as he went peacefully to the Bridge.  My heart is so heavy with
pain.

Freddie was a foundling and had been with me a year and a half.  He was
almost starved when he was found and brought to me.  When he recovered from
his adventure, he weighed 3.75lbs!  He was a big boned ferret with a white
face and bib.  Like Andy, Freddie was deaf and also had the roaning pattern
on his tail and rump.  Freddie chose my daughter as his human.  He would
follow her around, put ALL her stuffed toys under HER bed and would sleep
with her when he got the chance.  She would push him in her doll stroller,
pull him in her duck and give him a ride in her swing.  We know he enjoyed
it because he would dance around and come back for more.  Too cute.

Freddie was a cuddle lap ferret.  Every night when I would finish my
"chores" and lie down on the sofa, Freddie would come to me to be held.
He would lie on my shoulder at my neck or on my chest under my chin.
Sometimes when I would be sitting down, he would come for a cuddle time.
He would stay in my arms until I put him down.  Sometimes I would hold him
so long, my arm would "go to sleep".

He NEVER tried to bite.  He was a true treasure, as was Andy.  Freddie will
be missed.

I know this is long but I had to share his story.

Tequita and Larry Williamson the grieving humans