From:
"Suzanne M. Montague" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 17:57:48 -0400
>I have always been curious about what would happen if my two ever got hold
>of a mouse or rabbit....

One time my ferret Little Roo found a mouse in the bedroom they stay in.
Funny, the cat didn't know this thing was in the house but my Roosie
(nickname) did.  She was digging frantically at the carpet (it was hiding in
the corner behind the cat box) and neither of my ferrets EVER dig on the
carpet unless they are locked into a room so I didn't know what was going
on.  I peeked behind the cat box and saw a tail but from my view I couldn't
tell if it was a mouse tail or a small snake.  I moved the box and it took
off and Little Roo went after it big time (but the mouse was pretty skilled
at getting to another corner and hiding).  I caught the mouse (I'm a weenie
about killing anything-except bugs) and took it outside to let it go.  I
think if Roo had gotten ahold of it she'd have killed it for sure.  What's
hilarious is when I was trying to catch this mouse I threw the cat in the
room with me too and she just looked around and watched the mouse then kept
looking at me with this, "Is this another one of your pets I'm not allowed
to attack??" look.  Poor confused kitty.  I think a ferret could catch and
kill a mouse much faster than a cat, but that could just be in MY house!
:^)

Suzanne