From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 13:18:40 -0400
Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend, but I have a
question about something odd Lola was doing.  Friday morning i woke up to
a distressed Lola who had just thrown/spit up a little bit of something
that did NOT look like ferret food.  After watching her a bit i noticed
something bizarre: she would grab a pellet of litter from the box (I use
Feline Pine) and crunch it down!  The box had just been cleaned so she
wasn't eating feces or anything, but it obviously wasn't doing her any
good!  Why on earth would she do this?  She hasn't been doing it any
more, and has since been perfectly ok, eating/pooping/peeing/playing
fine.  She didn't show any signs of being dehydrated from being sick and
like I said, has been fine since then.  Are ferrets like other carnivores
in that they'll eat plant material to rid themselves of something bad
they ate?  I'm completely baffled, any ideas?  Thanks a lot.

Rachel and the monsters