From:
Jon Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 02:29:23 -0500
Hi there fellow Mustelid maniacs!

We just got on-line this past week and we figured that instead of "lurking"
for a couple of months that we would come right out and give everyone a
hearty hand-shake and howdee do.  We've owned ferrets for over 2 years now
and we can really relate to the postings that we have read on here.

Just to introduce you to the Fam: There's me, Jon Rex, my wife Mitsy, then
the older of the 2 "chickens", Beladonna, and finally there's our crazy
male, Fezzik.  They are both sable and both have distinct, yet precious
personalities.  You may wonder why we call them chickens.  Well, it comes
partly from their boisterous clucking when they play, but it is mainly
something that just happened, and it stuck.  People think that we are crazy
when we talk about our cute "chickens" in public.  Actually the term has
even expanded into our speech, and has become a rather original term of
endearment to us.  Instead of saying, "Are you hungry, honey?", my wife
says "are you hungry, chicken?" (to me.)

Anyhow, we also just wanted to say how impressed we were with the people who
have written in and how nice it is to discover that these little critters
have managed to teach us all a similar way of looking at life in a sacred
way.

                              -Jon Rex, Mitsy
                                      &
                                The Chickens

"Until the circle of man's compassion is extended to all living things, man
himself shall not find peace" - Emerson