From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 19:50:57 -0500
I stopped at the PET CLUB on the way home, and played with the babies
there.  And also the two big ones they are trying to sell.  One is a
female about the size of Byte-me, and is a grey color, like a silver
fox.  a stunning color and stunning looking ferret.  If they give them
to me as a rescue deal as I proposed to them, will be great.  I dont need
more ferrets, but those two would be welcome for sure.

I didn t know a thing about them when I bought Byte-me.  Just wanted one
for years.  Finally, just put myself to task to get one.  A few weeks
earlier, I bought a bag of kibble and bits as food for a prospective
ferret, and learned that was not good.  So, gave that to a neighbor with
a dog...

When I got Byte-me, she was only about 6 weeks old.  Just a kit.  Had no
cage, nothing.  Bought a large rabbit cage and started with that.  Got some
ferret stuff in a kit from the Ferret store, hammock, water bottle and
all... and I bought another rabbit cage, and made a two story affair, and
later got a third so have a huge cage.  Made several extra floors, tunnels
inside it, balconys and all kinds of things.  Got all kinds of different
hammocks..  they are in the taj mahal!

THen, made a wood frame and put castors on the bottom.  That way I can roll
it about.  Lately have added extra doors and all so I can get to things
easier.

Soooo, have come to know a ferret quite well.  Was a learning experience
for me, and a job to ferret proof the house.  Still have things to do as
they find them..  ha!  I love those little creatures.  Lots of fun they
are, always doing something to make ya laugh.

Byte-me continues to behave with no ill effects of her incident.  I just
cannot imagine how she survived.  Have no idea how she lived thru that.  If
I had spent even another minute here at the puter, she would not have made
it.  For all intent, when I picked her up off the floor from under the
couch edge, she was dead.  Fully dead, not breathing, eyes open, glassy.
What brought her back is beyond me.  Again, I am sooo thankful to have her
with me, and am soo sorry for my lack of attention.