From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 20:14:38 -0800
I have had so many of my crew here decide that they taught me all they can
and loved me all they can so it was time fo them to move on to the bridge.
So many of you have let me know that your thoughts and prayers are with me.
Even when I confessed that I felt that I was partially responsible for
Buddy's death because I did not get him to the vet in time.  I just put
it off to long.  You are all trully wonderful and caring.  As a shelter
operator, there is little time in the day left to do anything extra once
all the cages are cleaned and fuzzies loved on.  I am so looking forward to
the day when they have their own room and I do not have to juggle their out
of cage time with the rest of the household schedule.  I have asked God to
give me just a bit of a break in my sorrow.  Both my heart and my budget
need desperatly to heal.  It seems that I am losing half of bonded pairs so
I am trying to be especially keen to their needs.  It has been about 5 days
since I lost Buddy and his cage mate Rosie is still tearing apart her cage
and flinging food all over the place.  She looks lost in her bed by herself
and almost seems to eye me suspiciously when I take her out for some cuddle
time.  She has started to eat again but the look on her face is akin to
betrayal.

Thank you so much for your kind words.  They do help the healing process.

Diana and The Ferret Farm