From:
"~AngelFire~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:46:38 -0500
Hi Marion  =)
I'm not laughing at you...really...just with you  ;)
I tend to not think of myself as "experienced",I don't think I will ever
learn all there is to learn about these guys.I am in my 6th year of having
ferrets,and currently have 10~

According to our vet,(Dr.Curry),this is one of the behaviors that can be
exhibited in ferrets due to the increased hormone levels from the adrenal
tumors which can subside in 6 months to a year,(I believe?),.  I have a
silver,(Gus Gus), that had a left tumor.He is displaying his by aggressive
biting of the 'hoomans'.  His tests came back showing pretty high hormone
levels...she is thinking of starting him on drugs to help lower them
because his biting is so uncharacteristic,(and severe),.  Has anyone else
ever been down that route?  I kinda wish his symptoms were more like
Bartles ~hehehe~ ;)

I lost 2 kids last month...Miko and little Pooh~
Both were rescues and in heartbreaking shape~Miko had a left adrenal tumor
and enlarged spleen.He displayed aggression towards other ferrets.  He was
recovering well,but suddenly started throwing seizures out of nowhere...we
lost him to a massive seizure....

I am so glad to hear Bartles is doing so well  =)

Deb~