From:
Rose Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:53:34 EDT
Will u guys give me a break?  I am human I made a mistake, I ve admitted
that in my last post.  Actually it was my roommate who left the door
opened but that doesn't matter anyway because I put a board to that door
so if the door is open they cant get out because there's board blocking
the half lower exit.  Its not like this happens all the time in my house.

The alligators/Crocs belongs to my boyfriend, Im not crazy about them but
I cant stop him from having them.  He is a croc/alligator biologist, its
his passion, I dot understand his passion but we compromised, he lets me
keep my ferrets and I let him keep his monsters.  A lot of people has
mentioned that it was weird or nasty that I keep ferrets (not that I
care) , everyone has their own opinions about different animals.  U
would never believe what kind of animals some people really keep.

My kids are far away from his monsters.  I keep mine upstairs and he
keeps them in basement so that's 3 floors apart so its not really that
dangerous.  Please done judge me as a ferret owner, you have not seen
how I care for them, few mistakes does not make me a bad ferret owner.
I am learning and I will always learn new things about my kids everyday.
I ve gotten more careful and I ve put more ferret proofing around my
house just in case (like I said in my previous post that I would make
sure everything is even more ferret proofed).

My boyfriend's alligators are hardly dangerous, they are very tame but
they are obviously dangerous to ferrets, its part of their nature to want
to have them as their dinner.  But I have been very careful and I have
made sure none of them are able to come out of their room and they
haven't.  Its just that I never expected that my room door would be left
open, Jeff and I always keep our door closed no matter what, we even made
a sign on the door that said please keep this door closed.  Like I said,
we all are humans and we all make mistakes.  But that wont happen again
because I put a barrier against the door and my roommate is not allowed
to touch my door at all.  I really don't care what you guys think about
me, because I feel that I am pretty damn good Mom to my kids, Im there
for them everyday.  They know I am sorry for mistakes that I make but
they love and forgive me anyway.

[Moderator's note: I think many of us really appreciate that you shared
your story with the FML.  I certainly did since we can all learn from
it... plus it's one of the more unusual events I've read lately!
Unfortunately, it appears that some vocal subscribers had other
thoughts :-(   I apologize for them.  BIG]