From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 02:05:15 +0000
I while I was out getting stuff today, I picked up a bag of licorice.  Well,
Rosa, somehow, *knew* I had it as soon as I came in the door.  She made a
beeline for the bag it was in when I let her out, and tried to drag the
licorice off.  She was SO happy!  I had a hard time convincing her that it
wasn't hers.  She actually doesn't eat that much of it...she just likes to
have it around in her stashes *shrug* I had once gotten one of the *big*
bags of the stuff (black is best *L*) and she stole half of it before I
realized what she had done.  She would move it around, too.  I would end up
finding, along with french fries, sticks of licorice in my clothing, and
eventually found where she kept her *main* stash.  She promptly dug it out
of the trash and put it back where it should be.

So, today, I even ended up playing tug-of-war with her when she even tried
to take some directly from my mouth!  And, true to form, when I gave her her
last *small* bit for the day, she was so delighted, and put it out of the
way on the floor.  Then went back to trying to get at the bag, which I was
sitting on.

I've managed to get the child gate wedged in better, Rosa can't push or pull
it over now.  But, Brit fits through the holes....when I'm not looking.
when I'm looking, she's too big.  She's almost figured out she can climb
over it too.  I was surprised that Rosa hasn't figured that out yet.  I just
haven't gotten around to covering it yet.

Sue  "no, mine, where are you going, how can you fit, what are you doing?"
Rosa  "licorice!"
Rocky "playball?"
Brit "zoom, zoom, it's the kitchen!"