From:
"jim B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:20:54 -0500
I have two ferrets.  Merlin , just over 1 yr, and Phantom, over 2 yr.
Merlin is normal (if there is such a thing as a normal ferret) but Phantom
is my "problem child" .  He will hibernate for 24 hrs plus at a time.  He
doesn't eat, can be awoke but falls back asleep and usually loses a little
weight during this time.  He runs, begs, and plays like a normal ferret the
rest of the time.  Both ferrets were for their shots recently, Phantom had
blood and poop sample tests that came up negative.  The vet suggested
possibly allergy.  I'm using my friends e-mail ( they also have ferrets)
We've checked mag. and books without any luck.  Can anyone give me any
idea what this behavior / illness and possible treatment is ?