From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:21:28 -0500
Bobbi wrote:
>We have twice seen "blocked" ureters.  Both cases were the result
>of a bungled spay.  Some idiot breeder here in Missouri was doing
> his own surgeries on baby ferrets and erroniously tying ureters.
>(Both ferrets managed well with patient and caring famiilies.)  He is,
>as I understand it, still in business and underselling Marshall at low
>end pet stores.
>
>Our vet and I would both like to tie off a few of his urinary parts.

Oh, my gosh!  It would pay to check to see just how many FEDERAL
regulations that person is violating.

Any breeder over a certain size, or any breeder of any size who sells
to the retail market falls under the jurisdiction of the USDA and as such
is subject to the USDA's regulations, inspections, fines, prosecution,
fees, shut-down, etc.

I have passed along your note to someone and will see if that person can
provide a direct contact at the USDA for you for reporting this, but what
is really needed is a report to the USDA with a letter from your vet on
veterinary hospital letterhead if they have some documenting what was
found.

There often is something which can be done as long as the person fits
into a regulated group and by selling to retail this one would fit under
the control of the USDA, so request that letter from your vet and I will
try to find to whom it should be sent, at what address for the most
chance of success.