From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 01:36:05 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled flying-squirrel-ferts...

(Weeeeee!  We can jump clear across the >>CRASH!<< OK, so we *can't* jump
clear across the room...)

Christa Brock <[log in to unmask]> mumbled something about:
>he did the cutest thing.... he wagged his tail back and to like a dog or
>cat would!! Has anyone ever had a fuzzie to do this??

Yep, my ferts all seem to do this on a regular basis.  If Ghost is
munching a snack, Jessica will sneak up behind him and sniff his butt,
wagging her tail madly the whole time.  She's trying to get him to
chase her.

If Spaz-Brat finds Add-A-Kiss under the corner table, she will poke her
head under one edge and wag her tail so fast you can't really see the
darned thing!

When Hershey has Dancer trapped behind the lounger (its never used), his
tail does the Super-Twitch, jerking and wagging like crazy.

Of course, the three kids, Rhun, Chewy and Bump, are always playing Tube
Runner and the one at the far end of the tube wags the tail in time to
the runner's pitter-patter in the tube.

Overall, I think that ferret tails are just an extention of their
high-strung emotional state and is used much like dogs and cats.  I
agree, it is a cute thing to watch, though! :)

I just had a thought...maybe they developed this behavior as a method of
making sure that the area behind them was free from danger while their
heads are otherwise occupied.  Anyone have an idea on that?

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/