Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:23:39 -0500
Thank you for your kind response Dr. Williams.  I know it must be very hard
for someone who cares so deeply about these animals to be inundated with
sad stories and pleas for help.  I really appreciate your taking the time
to respond :)

Does anyone know of a vet in southern Connecticut who treats ferrets other
than South Wilton Veterinary clinic?  They provide excellent care BTW, but
charge over $135 per ferret per month for Lupron shots.  I need to find a
vet who will be willing to prescribe the Lupron shots for me to inject
myself and do a checkup every three months.  My mother is a trained medical
technician who administered shots (both IM and Sub Q) to my brother, our
cat, and our cockatiel.  We cannot afford to pay the fee South Wilton
chrges to inject themselves and do a full exam every month for both
ferrets.  We CAN afford an exam every 3 months and the cost of the Lupron
for the two ferrets.  We just need a vet willing to let us inject it
ourselves.

I realize surgery is the best option here, but there is just no way I can
afford it.  I am working part time at a daycare to put myself through grad
school in education and I am in major debt.  If I had anything of value to
sell I would.

If anyone knows of a vet willing to accept payment in installments for the
surgery, that info would be very welcome as well.

Thank you very much for reading and your emails of support.  I cannot tell
you how much it/they are appreciated.

sincerely,
Anne H, Basta, Mowgli