From:
milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 21:34:45 -0500
Okay everybody here is your chance to make a change for our ferrets.

At the Symposium, we had many venders of which one was Ferret Depot which
has come in as competition against The Ferret Store.  Ferret people being
3/4ths vultures came down on them like a herd of turtles and complained
of some of the products they carry which is NOT good for ferrets

Lo and behold, they have written a letter stating they would remove them
immediately from their website but wouldn't be able to on this batch of
written mailers.  However, for those making the order they would put a
disclaimer stating the product was bad for ferret health.  They will be
notifying the mfg they will not order more

PROGRESS

Now, since Petco has been working with us here, we need to take this a
step further and see what influence we have with them.  The product we
are going to use is the Yogurt Treats.  We need to email the daylights
out of them telling them it is bad and why: A short and simple e-mail
about Yogies being a high carbohydrate treat that may cause insulinomas
in pet ferrets, so it should not be sold at PetCo,

Their representative at the Symposium said emails were fine but this was
the only way they could get a product off the market was for enough to
show an interest.

We as a club will be writing our letter BUT we need indivduals to do the
same Make it in your own words, very short and to the point that it is
your understanding too much sugar in the ferret diets is causing vets to
see more and more cases of insulnomia and we feel they should not be
promoting a product that is almost all sugar: quote the ingredience if
you so wish.

THIS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

We will be appealing to others to do the same thing.  In numbers we can
start the progress towards increasing the health of our ferrets.

His e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Millie and her Exploding Drinking it up Cleaningcrew
Ferret Lovers Club of Texas