From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 00:07:11 -0500
I think maybe a lot of MF ferrets given maybe less that optimal care DO last
only 5 years.  Other ferrets from other places may live as long as 12 years.
The important variable is....how you KEEP your ferrets!  Clean, on a
high-quality ferret food, regular vet checks, every 6 mos after about 3
years old..........But I, personally, have not had a ferret reach the age of
six yet, so I am no fount of wisdom!  I just wish that they had a longer
life-and base my belief that they DO on the condition of my OLDEST and BEST
LOVED rescues!  They are like 2 year olds still, at 4-5 years old!  I can't
believe they will suddenly succomb!  Keep in touch-hope the news is good!

Karen