From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:37:19 -0400
Hello All,

To everyone who has lost or is coping with a sick beloved fuzz, my heart
and thoughts are with you!

I am posting this anonymously for I am not happy to have to say
this......but I feel I need to.  It is the post made yesterday regarding:

Animal Atrocities-detailing pretty graphically what animals have gone
through and are still experiencing.

Not to offend the writer but I found that post pointless and disheartening
and all it did was make me sad and angry, that I cannot fix it or at least
make a difference.

At this point in my life I am not in the position to help as much as I
would like to but I will one day devote myself or at least part of myself
to making a difference in Animal Welfare and Rights in order to show my
appreciation for all the unconditional love and friendship the animal
species has given to me and others.

As a fellow animal lover/enthusiast, I am aware of all the heinous stories,
incidents and actions of cruel and heartless people in the world including
all the homeless/sick/unwanted/mistreated animals which only deserve love
and respect by the human species with whom they share the planet with.  It
breaks my heart and diminishes my respect for our society and the people
within it.

Please don't get me wrong, I agree that knowledge is power and power can
make a change.  However, by posting such a graphic story on a FML full of
people who adore their ferrets as well as the other animals within there
household, does not do any good.  I am not speaking for anyone, and please
don't take offence, but I joined this FML to enable myself to read, chat
and learn as much as I can about my ferts granted good or bad in order to
make their life the best it can be.  As well as having a few laughs with
the many entertaining stories that are posted and the added bonus of making
new friends of whom share the same interests and love that I do for
ferrets.

Don't get me wrong, the issue with MF, is of relevant discussion on this
FML in order to educate fellow fert owners and lovers on what is happening,
therefore, helping to spread the word in are local areas.  That is when I
feel knowledge is power and power can make a change, many ferts are
effected by it, and we do have the power to help stop it or at least spread
the knowledge to make a difference!  Being told graphically of the inhumane
way of killing animals etc.  and then delving into the topic of the Nazi
issue, is ridiculous for this FML.

Furthermore, the subject of Nazi boot camps is a subject on its own.  It
was a devastating and horrible thing that unfortunately happened, not to
take away from such a tragedy,it just is not relevant to this FML and to
compare it is just not ethical nor appropriate.

I now am at the point where I am wary of what I read, for fear it will just
cause heartache and make me upset.  If you choose to express such thoughts,
feelings and knowledge which you have every right to, please try and choose
another means of communicating it rather than on the Fert FML.  or at least
warn us of the content of your posts!

I felt compelled to write this, as I feel some people are getting away
from what I think the purpose of the FML- to post information, stories,
questions, comments,concerns etc regarding the wonderful Ferret!

I will now take a step down off my soap box, for I am finished.  I did not
intend to insult or demean anyone with this post but the FML is a valued
piece of literature that I look forward to reading everyday!  I just don't
want us to get off track from the reason we all joined.....our FUZZBUTTS

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend!  and once again I am sorry
if anyone has been insultedor offended by this!

[SM]