From:
Larry & Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 00:25:05 -0400
Recently one of our males, Pierre, began slightly losing hair on his
tail.  Knowing this is one of the first signs of adrenal, we went to the
vet.  She, of course, wanted to do blood work.  We asked, instead, for
an ultrasound.  The ultrasound is a lot less expensive, at least with
this vet, than the bloodwork and that way, we also get to find out if
it's the left or right adrenal gland at the same time.  Of course, you
can't always see adrenal problems with the ultrasound, but you can't
always tell from bloodwork either!  I'd rather take my chances at first
with the ultrasound.

Debbie Whorley