Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:45:47 -0500
Yesterday, I posted about Lily, my 4 y.o., who was having her second adrenal
surgery in four weeks.  Essentially, the right adrenal was embedded in the
vena cava (vein / artery??) so the vet had to cut into the vein to get the
tumor out...the most difficult surgery he had ever performed (2 hours).  He
(Lily's vet) and the vets he consulted with at Auburn University are fairly
certain that the tumor is cancerous...we'll wait for the pathology report.
My understanding is that there isn't any treatment available for adrenal
cancer but I also remember reading that this type of cancer is very slow to
spread, if at all.  Our hope is that he got all of it but it was very
meticulous surgery.  Does anyone know about treatment for adrenal cancer, if
necessary???  Apparently, chemo doesn't work.  Lily's vet will definitely
research and consult on her case but I thought I could help too.

Lily seems to be doing okay after her surgery...just pretty puny.  She drank
a little water and some dissolved NutriCal last night.  She pooped a teeny
bit.  I don't think she ate any food but after the first surgery she didn't
start eating for a day or two so I'm not worried yet.  I took her back to
the vet this a.m.  for them to babysit her today as I was afraid to leave
her alone all day.

Keep us in your prayers.
Katharine
Lily, Lany, Blaze, and Champ