From:
daoine o' aka the ferret queen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:01:01 -0700
hi, all...

i want to thank everyone who has given prayers, thoughts, wishes,
blessings and good energy to little pixie, and also another big thanks
to those who have visited my etsy site and bought some of my knitted
caps to help with pixie's vet bills (and yes, any who may still want
to, thank you!). it is all very appreciated and i think all that
positive energy is a big factor in her healing/recuperation. :)

so, pixie went to the vet yesterday (friday) for a recheck, about a
week-and-a-half after the incident...there's still a chance she may
lose the foot (or part of it) but the vet is still hopeful with care
and treatment we can save it. she goes back next friday (barring any
unforeseen complications.) she's still in her separate little
convalescent-carrier; on meds, hydrotherapy and massage here at home,
and she's gotten acupuncture at the vet's office again as well. they're
all very attached to her there for being such a fighter and a good
sport with all she's gone through. :) quite the wonder-weasel; the
miracle mustelid. ;)

we're still paying attention to her front paw; there's still swelling
and some discoloration, so if it can be included in everyone's thoughts
as well...? she's definitely going to lose part of her tail, about
1-1/2", but that's the least of the worries. :-/ her attitude is still
fantastic; doing all the 'things' a well-weasel should, hooray. :)

and so far today she's still doing well; no major changes but things
seem to be progressing/healing as best they can; a big section on the
top of her rear foot is dry/'dead', just a scabby blackish blob, but
no sign of infection/gangrene/necrosis. it's just a matter of how much
tissue on the foot is able to regenerate/revascularize and get blood
flow back to it or if not, that particular foot-section will have to
go. the vet says it's just going to take some time and work to see how
things heal, so we're keeping at it. we're still working with her front
foot too, to get that swelling down and make sure it doesn't end up
like the rear one! that part of the tail, however, is pretty much a
loss. small price ot pay in the big picture of saving her life, if
that's the worst loss she sustains.

so, i just really want to thank again all those who have been following
this and offering suport; i didn't want to leave everyone in the dark
or only have bad news. :-/

best wishes to everyone and their fuzzies! :)

~sherrie (aka daoine o') and the pixie-doodle
burleigh and shay, missing their little hammock-buddy
and all those over the bridge....