From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 13:49:42 -0400
I just want to say I'm sorry for not getting back to those who sent cards
right away.  I would like to thank, Troy Lynn, Katherine, Bernard G, and
Yvonne, these people I did not have a forwarding email address to
personally thank them.

Losing Mylo was as hard as losing my parents, to me.  I have no children,
only fur type children of all kinds.  Mylo was my number one baby.  My
husband even knew Mylo came above him but loved him also, he was that kind
of ferret, that everyone couldn't help but love.  I so miss him curling
his little back toes around my fingers when I touched them and when I used
to lick my lips and ask him if he wanted his soup, he would lick his lips.
He would sit in my lap at night like a baby and I would spoon feed him his
warmed chicken gravy .  At the end of his meal I would hold a napkin or
tissue to his face and he would rub his face side to side on it to clean
it himself!  God, do I miss him.  Right now we are awaiting results of his
biopsy, it may not have been cancer that he had.  The vet that did the
surgery feels it was cancer upon the ultrasound and exploritory but the
original vet that saw him feels it wasn't.  All I know is that I thought
I was doing the right and best thing for Mylo and now I feel it may be my
fault he is gone, because I brought him to the second vet who said she was
confident that Mylo was a good candidate for surgery and I said ok.  The
morning I took him to see the 2nd ferret vet, I said to my husband, that
I was scared because I didn't like the way Mylo was breathing, acting,
squinting his eyes, very lethargic, he was worsening etc.  and I wanted
to get him to another vet because we couldn't get to the first vet we
saw.  This vet was very confident in herself and I have taken my ferrets
for surgery to her in the past with no problems.  Did I panick?  Jump to
quickly?  All I know is I am awaiting biopsy results and I am having a
very hard time living with myself.

To all those out there that have a sick ferret, are in the process of
losing one or have lost one, my heart ( what is left of it) goes out to
you, May you find comfort and peace and I am so, so sorry.

Eleanor