Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:15:56 +1300
Tara asked:
>Okay I went to the vet today for distempter vaccine, and the vet told me
>that reece is 4 months.  He said he is four months because he has just
>started getting his grown up teeth in.  but he also said that he thinks
>that ferrets get their permanent teeth in at the same time dogs do, but
>he wasnt sure.  Is my vet really stupid or is a sign of baby teeth coming
>out meaning he's 4 months.  I was told when I got him he was 6 wks, now
>he should only be 8wks.  I am confused....

Sounds like you may be closer than the vet, if your baby is just starting
to get permanent teeth.  Check out the Ferrets In Need! site - it has a
page on it (with information kindly supplied by Sukie Crandall) which
describes which teeth appear at which age, and you should be able to tell
exactly how old your baby is - maybe almost to the day!

http://www.ferretfans.net/

http://users.1st.net/hammock/ferrets/teeth.htm

If you print a copy of this for the vet, he'll have something to use for
future reference.

Hope this helps :o)

Sam
-------

For those ferrets and owners that need our help...
visit Ferrets In Need! at
http://www.ferretfans.net/