From:
Michelle DeVos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:16:25 -0800
I know about Ethiopia and some of the things that are happening there
and that have happened in the past. Imagine yourself, deciding to leave
the US to just have an adventure elsewhere, say Ethiopia, (which by the
way is one of the absolute poorest countries in Africa) and life is
doing what you want it to do and then all of a sudden civil war breaks
out or the economy tanks even further into the hole than it is usually.
You have always rescued animals, now you don't feel safe, you don't
feel like you should be in your paradise any longer. Americans are not
being accepted the way they used to be; in fact Americans are hated in
most countries now. It's time to get out. You are on a fixed income,
your retirement and maybe social security. That's it. You have at least
a dozen animals to get back to the states, where is this money going to
come from? You have to ask for help!

Personally, I am unable to help at this time, because I have been
waiting for unemployment to kick in for 7 weeks now, I have a whole 64
cents to get me through the next 2 weeks. But I can voice my opinion on
this. If you don't like what Nell is doing, then email her there is no
reason to voice negativity on this board. If you think it is a scam,
fine, but really when shelters and rescues in the states ask for money
no one thinks twice.

Nell is only attempting to get her rescues and pets back to the states
when she is no longer welcomed in Ethiopia. Please if you don't believe
me, research Ethiopia on your computer see what you find out. It is not
one of the best places to visit on your African trip.

Animals in Ethiopia are not thought of as pets they are thought of as
workers and as food. Please keep this in mind while you are expressing
negativity about these posts. If you don't want to help, DON'T but let
the rest of us make up our own minds.BTW, I do not know Nell, I have
never met her and even heard of her, prior to the last few weeks on the
board. But I have been the owner of a ferret rescue and I know what
it's like to ask people for money, it's never any fun.

I had a state licensed rescue and I was accused several time of being a
scam. If you don't trust people, people will find it hard to trust you.
I believe this is one lady that is attempting to get her pets out of a
country that no longer wants her there. Try telling a government in a
country where pets are just another part of the meal that "I can't go
without them, they are my family" and see where that gets you.

thank you for the forum to express our opinions - everyone has one!