From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:14:11 -0500
We have used horse litter for at least 8 years or more. It is pine
and I have had no problem except one of our foster moms was allergic
to the pellets (not the ferrets this time but the pellets).

They are about the same as what you can get pkg'd at the pet stores
with a cute little ferret on the front 10 lbs for around $12 where the
horse pellets are 40 lbs for around $7 and we sell it for $10 to cover
cost of going and getting it and stocking it. One bag can last an
average household about 6 plus months. You put very little into the pan
since ferrets don't bury "it", it slurps up the liquid and nullifies
the ammonia. I don't use it for the horses because I don't want any
confusion I am using the ferret litter so I use flakes for them but I
am told if I use the pellets with them, I would never use the flakes
again.

I highly recommend it - now about the only side effect is when it does
get wet, it does dissolve into a powder and can be tracked out of the
pan - that isn't as bad as cat litter. If you like, you can use it in
flower beds afterward but you need to add some nutrients to it to make
a good mulch or soil breaker up (like in clay to make it more dirt
consistency).

Millie and her Danes at the
Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue
www.txferretrescue.org