From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:38:07 -0400
Hi all.  This isn't really ferret related but I just wanted to clarify
something that Christine said about Anthrocon.

While there are in fact people like those that Christine describes, not
all fur fans are 'plushies' or 'zoos'.  There are far more fans that are
just fans that those with the .... exotic tastes.  I count myself among
those without those tastes.  Disney movies and Saturday morning cartoons
are what got me started.

I'm not at all flaming Christine so please do not take it that way.
Unfortunately, that small aspect of the fandom has been getting airtime
on MTV.  It's all that most people outside the fandom have ever seen or
heard.  More's the pity but it's sensationalism that sells.  Heck, look
at all the articles that sensationalize the very rare ferret bite cases.
We all know that you can't judge all ferrets by one incident.

Thanks for letting me explain.

-Anastasia (who grew up loving the movie 'Gay Purree', animated by Chuck
Jones with music by Arlen and Harburg of Wizard of Oz fame, and with the
voices of Judy Garland and Robert Goulee!)