From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 21:57:22 -0400
   "What do we do now?" Sammi asked jumping with joy.
   "We're going to go for a ride in the car," Rosie said sincerely.
   "What!!?  We can't drive, we're too little," Maxie declared.
   "Oh yes we can....Wiggles can steer, Maxie you can shift, and Sammi and I
can brake and gas the peddles," Rosie explained. "Now all we have to do is
decide what to take with us in the crinkle sack."
   With that Maxie ran to the refrigerator and took out a bottle of water
and the container of raisins.  Rosie grabbed the crinkle sack and a supply
of food while Miss Wiggles snatched her blanket and doll.  Sammi watched as
the others placed the items in the sack.
   Sammi, with her eyes opened as wide as could be, said, "Now how do we get
out the front door without Mom and Dad knowing?"
   "This is a really bad idea.  We shouldn't do this." Maxie protested.
   "Yes, I bet you five raisins that we get in big trouble" Miss Wiggles
stated.
   "You're on!!" said Rosie.  "Let's go."
   "Where are we going?" Sammi asked.
   "Haven't we been over this, Sammi?" Rosie said, obviously annoyed.
   "So, Rosie, how do we leave quietly?" Maxie asks.
   Ten minutes later the girls are back downstairs, with smiles on there
faces, and Mom and Dad are now sleeping peacefully with fresh raisins stuck
in their ears.
   "What a waste of good raisins," Sammi uttered.
   "Quiet!  I'm thinkin' here!" Rosie said, with her head in her paws.
   "I know!  We can wait until Mom and Dad wake up, and then ask them to
open the front door to let us out..." Sammi provided, smiling.
   "Stick a raisin in it, Sammi," Maxie exclaimed.
   "Wait!  I've got it!  Dad left the window open in the kitchen!  Mom
always said he was born in a barn you know.  Dad must have smelled like cows
or something.  Anyway, we can push the screen out and make our escape!"
Rosie concluded.
    "Excellent," Wiggles remarked.
    So, twenty minutes or so later, the girls had made their way up the
kitchen counter, pushed the screen window open with all of their might, and
leaped out to land in the bush three feet below.  Whew!  They had made it
outside...
     "So this is what the world looks like..." Maxie exclaimed.
     "Woah!" Sammi exhaled.
     "Quite large," Wiggles added.
     "Okay, now let's quit foolin' around and get Dad's truck on the road!"

     (to be continued...)