From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 20:32:59 EDT
I've been behind in my FML reading.

I'm not gonna touch the goldfish thing.

I do a monthly ferret ed show at PetsMart.  The store manager told me that
the company had recently considered selling kits but decided against it.
They classified them as similar to dogs and cats and therefore wouldn"t be
sold in their stores.  I was told this was a corporate decision that will
cover all the stores they own.

MF (oh, dear); Sukie is right- There are groups who are working very hard to
bring about changes with MF.  Another bout of emotional MF bashing won't be
constructive toward this end.

I am waiting for some details regarding a proposed new MF policy.  When I
get first hand confirmation of exact details, I'll post here.

The first thing that should be remembered; Change takes time. The longer an
action is practiced, the longer it will take to change it.

Despite general opinion, MF is not deaf, dumb, nor blind.  They are aware of
the concerns we ferret owners have.  In my opinion, they would be more quick
to address an issue if it were presented in a reasonable manner.  I would
like to think that, maybe some day, MF would participate here.

FYI; All mine have been MF. Gypsy lived to 10 and Coco-Puff to 9.

SP