Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:54:43 -0400
It has been a little over two months since my precious Treeroo went to
the Rainbow Bridge. It seems like it was just minutes ago but at the
same time...years ago. I miss my Roo-boy more than words can express!!
He was such a huge part of my life!! There was a special bond formed
the past 2 months with the supportive care of hand feedings and
medicating I have done with him. For those of you who have gone through
this, you KNOW what I mean!

In the days following losing Treeroo it was so heartbreaking as I
watched the remaining ferrets during their out of cage time. They took
Treeroo's loss as equally hard! It ripped my heart out to watch them
frantically search all over for their lil buddy!! They looked inside
the boxes he slept or played in, the tubes they run through, this "busy
blanket", etc. I tried to be as upbeat as I could when all I wanted to
do was cry. Since they have finally went on with their life.

Treeroo was the clown! The life of the party! The FIRST one through an
opening door! The dooker! The talker! The crazy weasel war dancer! He
had a fascination with digging on the bottom side of this throw rug.
He LOVED digging in boxes.

Treeroo was king of the puppy kongs!! He even hauled the larger heavier
kongs that belonged to the big dogs and hid them. He was a strong and
oh so determined little guy!

He was in love with my cats! Honest to God, you could see lil
heartbeats beaming from his eyes at the cat in his view. He would just
stare at them....and then make his move.....he would try to leap on
their back and hold onto their neck with his teeny weenie little paws
and ride them like little ponies. He didn't last long. The cats did NOT
find this fun, amusing or entertaining. They wanted no part of it....so
off they flew and jumped over the barricade gate to their safe haven.

I will miss that the most!!

It has been so quiet without my Roo-boy even though he slowed down the
past few months. Treeroo would always manage to hide even one puppy
kong each night including the last night of his life.

Treeroo was a loner. He liked the other ferrets, but he was very
independent!

I had several nicknames for him....Roo-sta!! Roo-boy, Roo-Roo,
Rooster!! and a few other that escape me right now.

The sky has a new star shining up there as Treeroo danced his last
dance 6/12/07! Lymphoma won its war with yet another innocent ferret.

He will forever live on in my heart!!

Poem dedicated to Treeroo

T reasured memories of you

R adiate deep within my heart

E nticing the others with your

E xuberant playful antics

R est in peace my dear friend

O ur time on earth halted

O nly to reunite eternally at the Rainbow Bridge

~~~~With love from Treeroo's mommy