From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 19:38:14 -0700
>From:    "Lawrence M. Cole" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: new subscriber w/ a few questions
>After much research I believe Buddha to be a cinnamon/champaigne siamese.

If you can access the web check out OUR Buddha who is a champagne (or
cinnamon)
        http://www.zenferret.com/
Or the AFA color pages
        http://www.ferret.org/

The sun uses turn ferrets redder or oranger.

>From:    Adrienne Boerger <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breeding

Good questions.  Glad you raised these points.  In this area most of the
breeders also run shelters.  Us, Pam Grant (well she'll probably do both
again soon), Vickie McKimmey, Fran Wiles, The Ferret Gallery, Warm Fuzzy
(thinking about breeding their jill to our Elvis) and others.  Some breeders
will not do rescues.

Most of us breed because their IS a demand for "better" ferrets.  There is a
very active show circuit with seperate competitions for "breeder" ferrets
and for "pet" or altered ferrets.  Studies haven't been done but there is
anecdotal evidence that quality hobby bred ferrets might have longer lives.
Go to a ferret show and see the hobby bred ferrets and you'll understand.

Despite the stories here, there really is far more demand for ferrets than
the ranches and shelters can service.  No ferrets are put down because of
too many unlike dogs and cats.  There are regional shortages and surpluses
but in general there are fewer ferrets than people want.  Lets hope it
stays this way rather than too many ferrets.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]