From:
SWINA Activities <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:21:43 -0600
Hello all,
I called the vet right away this morning (no emergency vets here, small
town) and he said to bring stool sample in, which I did.  He checked it
for parasites and said the sample was kind of small, and asked if I got
another to bring it in.  So I did that too and I haven't heard anything
back yet on 2nd sample.  The vet here does not seem too concerned, since
my little squishy is acting fine, normal, running, playing, bugging me
while I'm trying to study, wonderful self.  I know some people emailed me
and said this was very serious, yes I agree, she is bleeding somewhere,
but if she is acting fine and no more blood could it have been a freak
thing, like a minor broken blood vessel in the rectum.

There is really no one here that specializes in ferrets, and to be quite
honest, I don't know of any in the state, Iowa.  So I guess I will just
keep an eye on here, and pray that she is okay, I do love her dearly,
she is the bestest little ferret yet, although each one I get is better
than the last, does not make me want to hurry on to a new one.  Not a
disposable pet, there are none disposable pets.

Any additional advice or concerns or things I should/could ask my vet
about here, please contact me, any way you want.  Thanks for all
concerned, and all prayers received, at least my own H.P.  (((HUGS)))

Heidi