From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:50:20 -0800
Wow, you wouldn't believe what happened today.  A ferret deaf ferret
named Dale walked in.  He greeted me in sign language and next thing
you knew his little paws were flying at the speed of sound talking
to me.  Good thing I took those sign language classes.  Whew.  He was
so talkitive.  I asked him why he didn't choose to hear up here and he
told me that he never knew what "hearing" was, and so he really wasn't
interested.  Makes sense.  This way, he said, he could really focus more
on all the grand sites.

I showed him the bouncey clouds.  And he had a ball jumping on them like
trampolines.  He went from one to the other and told me he could do that
forever.  I told him that indeed he had forever.  On that note, he asked
me to show him more.  We wandered to the meadow.  Boy did he have a blast
in the meadow with all the colorful flowers.  I showed him how everything
felt different all over the place.  He ran around touching fleece
mountain and then the rough sands at the bank of the reflecting pool.

He gave me a concerned look and explained that he was worried about Rusty
his best friend, but most of all he was worried about his mommy.  His
mommy is feeling something hoomans call "guilt".  He wants his mom to
know that although his life was so short, he lived a very long time and
he has lots of memories of her that will last an eternity.  Dale wants
his mom to know that he isn't sick anymore.  And he wants to thank her
for loving him those last days.  He said to tell his mommy, that next
time it rains that's to wash away the tears and all the guilt so she
could heal.  Dales' mommy?  Just remember all the silly times he danced
around the house and all the joyous times you had together.

Sandee