From:
Paul Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:34:48 -0800
Dear Sara,

Good luck finding a new friend!  The prices around here (Seattle) for
shelter and unwanted :-( newspaper ferrets is around $100 on average.  These
usually have their shots and are nuetered and descented.  Also the shelter
here (Ferrets NW) wants the ferret back if there is a problem in the home.
They said to me that I would need to sign a contract that I wouldn't sell my
ferret to anyone else.  This is to ensure that the fuzzies stay with good
families and aren't shuttled around from bad home to bad home.

Flip liked our home emediately but the two felines weren't sure at first.
So there was chasing and hissing and avoiding for awhile until Flip
discovered that if, instead of running when the cats got too serious, he
turned and chased them they would back down and run away.  Now the balance
of power is tilted (apropriately) in Flip's favor.

Give it time, it will most likely work out fine.

      "The tide is turning...the enemy is suffering terrible losses..."
                                                -- Gen. Geo. A. Custer