Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:10:03 EDT
I woke up with the sun shining, and Minnie Me nipping on my feet and
ankles.  A smelly chicken treat that I keep beside my pillow in a small
Tupperware container would not deter her.  Nip, knaw, snip, claw.  So I
arose, wondering why she loves my toes.

I just purchased a new refrigerator for the ferrets-the biggest
non-industrial side by side made.  The freezer is stocked with Bob C.
chicken soup except for the very bottom shelf.  As I opened the door to
bring out the Tupperware container of soup in the refrigerator section,
Minnie Me lunged for my thigh.  I dropped the container.  The expensive
liquid flew all over the kitchen floor.

By the time I cleaned up and had mircrowaved a frozen batch, I had to reach
for the flax seed oil.  I felt a ferret on my leg and panicked, dropping
the bottle on the china.I shreiked as glass and flax seed oil flew all over
the floor.

After this mess was cleaned up, I was preparing to take my leave to go to
work.  I heard a thud, thud, crash.  All of us did.  Ferrets, cats, and me
ran to the computer room.  The large closet doors were opened, and rubble
spilled out of them.  I recognized a small carrier I keep on a shelf high
up, and my eyes traveled up the closet to the first shelf-which is a good
five feet in the air.  There sat Minnie Me peering down on me.  What a
determined, ferocious little acrobat I have acquired.

My eyes did a double take to the floor again after I picked up Minnie
Me-the one pound four ounce silver mitt biter who sounds like a geiger
counter/Tazmanian Devil.

Carpet threads and lumps of carpet pieces were splattered on the carpet.  I
picked up the new carpet that is layered on the sturdy old carpet.  There
is a hole all the way through the older carpet today that was not there
yesterday.

Minnie Me sits in my hand and licks my wrist and forearm.  The biting has
stopped.  Nipping is in.  But not now: clever minx.  Here sits the ferret
that was kept in a wire cage for a year with no litter box, blanket or
toy, stimulation or love..  She was fed once a day.  She had fleas and
ear mites.  About a year of her life spent imprisoned and ignored.

carry her
gently to her cage, and deposit her with soft words.  Got to get to work.
Someone is going to have to pay for a new room of carpeting.  Minnie Me
has a hissy fit, and I leave listening to her as she chortles, hisses, and
tears up the newspaper on the first floor in another one of her terrible
tiny temper tantrums.

Ain't love grand?

Lisette