From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 20:32:31 EDT
I hope you get some helpful responses and hints.  It's a bit hard to help
when there is little to no info for us to go on.  Things that we need to
know in order to help are:

- Age of all three ferrets (very important)
- How long you've owned them and if these are your first
- How many homes, etc, have they been in before yours
- What size is your cage
- How many hours do they spend outside the cage a day
- What kind of liter pan are you using (high back or corner), and do you
  have one or two in the cage
- what kind of liter are you using

While I'm waiting for a response to some of these questions, right off
the bat, make sure the boogers get out for a few hours a day.  Especially
let them out first thing in the morning while you get ready for work
because that is when they are the most energetic.  Also gut out the cage
and clean it super well, put in new laundry, blankets, use vinegar to
help clean up after wards to help with urine smell.  Then make sure that
most corners, etc, have blankets.  If these are tiny baby ferrets, you
might want to keep them in a two story home, or block entrance to the top
level so that they don't have a far way to go to make it to the potty.
If you only are using a corner pan ... I'm sorry that you spent money on
it.  They really don't work well for most ferrets and they won't go in
them.

Maybe we can straighten this out so that they are manageable for you.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com