From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2012 18:33:50 -0400
Note that they say that ferrets will still be treated:

QUOTE
Sinzig's ferrets will be OK. They, along with other small mammals like
gerbils and rabbits, will still be seen at the OVC's Primary Healthcare
Centre.

Kerry Lissemore, the OVC's associate dean, academic, said the clinic
was very popular with the public, but the school just couldn't keep
it open.
END QUOTE

Sorry, after all the worry expressed on lists for the ferrets this was
an unexpected surprise so I hit send too early on my first message
[duplicate post removed. BIG]

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/article/736719--ovc-to-close-avian-exotic-animal-clinic

QUOTE
departure of a specialized professor along with budget cutbacks is
forcing the OVC to close the doors on its avian and exotic animals
clinic
END QUOTE

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: