Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2013 23:39:17 -0700
Because I need to research many of the shelters requesting to be on the
Tree, it is taking me much longer to try to make sure all the shelters
requesting access are within our new rules.

So, if you haven't been approved to post ferrets yet, please give me
a couple more days. I've had a difficult couple of weeks with shelter
ferrets dying and personal ferrets being to put to sleep. I have been
very depressed because of so many deaths, so please give me a little
time.

I appreciate everyone who has helped me to keep to my own rules! :)
One shelter that was not supposed to be on the tree (my error, I didn't
realize they hadn't been in business a full year) has been removed.

Please remember that you need to have been in business for at least
one year AND be on the SOS Shelter List or the AFA Shelter List. No
personal ferrets or deceased ferret may be posted to the Tree. If a
ferret dies after it has been placed on the Tree, a Rainbow image may
be placed on the ferret at the shelter operator's request. Last day to
register your shelter is November 30 and you have till December 15 to
post ferrets.

I rely on the Shelter lists as well as advice from well known ferret
folks/ shelter managers/friends to determine whether or not a shelter
should be on the Ferret Giving Tree. If I have received complaints in
the past, that shelter may not be allowed on the Tree this year or
possibly in the future.

I hope all ferrets on the Giving Tree get generous Santas this year!

Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Admin.