From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:31:28 -0500
>From:    Ruby Supe <[log in to unmask]>
>Does any one have any information on Path Valley Farm ferrets?  We are
>thinking of getting one but we are trying not to get any babies that are
>prone to health problems like Marshall Farms ones.  Any help or advice is
>greatly appreciated.

I have two Path Valley ferrets, a beautiful medium silver mitt male and a
female sable wannabe mitt.  Both are fairly large, he's 3.4 lbs and she is
2.4.  Path Valley makws a point of telling you that they do not sell to
labs.  Let me tell you a tale which will give you some idea what kind of
people we are talking about.  I had a 1 yr old Marshall ferret and thought
he could use a playmate, so I called 1-800-FERRET-1 and ordered a male
silver mitt.  The lady told me that if he cried in transit he might arrive
with a prolapsed rectum and gave me her phone number to call incase.  Well,
we got the call from US Air and dashed over to the airport to pick him up.
My wife came out and said there were two ferrets in the cage.  We brought
them home and I immediately called the PV lady and told her we had two
ferrets but only ordered one.  She said that he had cried all the way from
the farm to the airport, so she just slipped an extra in with him to keep
him company.  So we now have Bonnie & Clyde.  Both are healthy, neither is
very good with litterboxes outside the cage.  Clyde is extramely shy when
strangers are around and Miss Bonnie nips your ankles when she wants
attention and doesn't get it.

My Marshall ferret is a year older, is larger, never bites anyone and loves
anyone he sees.  He is as healthy as the two kids are.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you're famous for your homemade squash wine.