From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 01:11:34 -0500
I saw the ad in the paper the other day about selling two little ferrets
with cages and all accessories.  I called (I wasnt planning on getting
them, but just curious) and talked to some guy who said he wanted $175
for both furries and all.

I offered him $75 and he counteroffered with how about $100.  I asked him
why he was selling them and he said well he and his wife had just got a
dog.  I aske d him which vet he used for their checkups, etc.  Mind you
these were year old f errets.  He hemmed and hawed about something well
when he got the ferrets there was some vet who had given them shots, but
he couldnt remember the vet's name.  Mind you, there are not that many
vets in this town who even know what a ferret looks like let alone treat
them.

My heart just broke when I thought about these poor little creatures
being cast out of their home because these "jerks" bought a dog.  I have
had dogs, cats, an d ferrets and manage quite well.  People just toss
these little darlings out wit hout a thought as to who they are selling
them to or what will happen to them.  It just makes you want to weep.  I
think these people also have children.  Wonde r if they will give them
away if they get wild or upset with their kids.  These furries are like
your children.  You buy them and you keep them until they pass over the
bridge.  This is not like selling your tv or fridge or something like t
hat.

Sorry-I just had to vent Also please excuse the misspellings and lack of
punctuation.  I wish I could have taken the little ones but husband has
limited my ferret population.

[CE]