From:
Rob Dejournett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:05:55 -0700
Luci was euthanized last night after nearly two year struggle with
insulinoma and adrenal disease. It was almost two months post
pancreatic nodulectomy. Over the course of 24 hours she went downhill
extremely fast, there was nothing we could do. I think she just kinda
gave up the struggle. We'll all miss her, she is survived by her
'sister' Angel (who is perfectly healthy, thank god).

The one thing I may recommend for others is to don't wait to have
surgery like we did, and have the surgeon perform a partial pancriatomy
and look at the adrenals. Our vet did none of this, I am guessing that
we lost at least a year of her life due to this. Inulinoma can be a
tough disease. There is no cure, there is only bad therapy with major
side effects. We need to work to find more effective diagnosis and
treatment.

Rob

Robert Dejournett, PhD,  Postdoctoral Fellow
UNC-Duke Proteomics Center
116 Manning Dr, 424 MEJ Bldg, Box 7260
Chapel Hill, NC  27599-7260
Tele: 919-966-7489  Cell: 713-599-9369