From:
Sherry Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 08:32:03 -0600
Yes, I have seen a ferret exceedingly angry in his grief. My Boris was
this way. When he lost his bonded partner Sinnead, we brought her back
home to give them all a chance to make their goodbyes. The others
grieved normally. He did not. He refused to go near her body at all
after sniffing at her. In fact he raced the perimeter of the room non
stop. He finally found a place to curl up in and essentially denied
what was happening.

He did well until he realized she really WASN'T coming back. Then he
got angry. He cage raged. He attacked his cage mates. He very
deliberately bit me when I picked him up. Not to draw blood, but very
deliberately to hurt while watching me as he did it. All he wanted was
to curl up and die. Had it not been for his brother he would have as
he'd also started refusing all food and water.

And yes, he'd been vet checked when the biting started. We were told it
was simply another form of their grief. Sometimes Bach's Rescue Remedy
can help take the edge off. Good luck with your little one, and I hope
you are able to pull her through this.

Sherry