From:
Melissa Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:50:50 -0400
This new bylaw mixes several areas of pet control, from cat licencing, to
exotic pets.  It seesm to be a bit of a grab bag, outlawing things like
chinchillas and hedgehogs, setting a 'maximum' cat and dog nuber, and Yes!
Now Toronto is hoping to regulate so that you can have max 6 pets, with
only a max 3 dogs.  'Pets' is written as: Cats.  Dogs.  Rabbits.  and
FERRETS.  So no having 5 ferrets and 3 cats.  Or two dogs, a cat and 4
ferrets.  Or 7 ferrets.

As I said, I've found this new bylaw they're trying to pass just seems to
randomly place things in little catigories, from outlawing turtles and
tortosies, to considering ferrets the same sort of 'large animal' as cats
or dogs.

Comments?