From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 12:44:55 -0500
Warlock just crossed the Rainbow Bridge this morning to join Koti.  Last
week in addition to dealing with Koti's sickness, Warlock and Chuckie, were
diagnosed with problems too.  Warlock had inoperable cancer and Chuckie goes
for an ultrasound in a couple of days.  When I got up to give Warlock his
medicine this morning he didn't look well.  He had diarrhea for a few days
and was losing weight over the past month.  He was having trouble breathing
this morning so I rushed him to the doctor who said he was literally gasping
for breath and very near death.  I could not bear to see him suffer so the
doctor gave him an injection and sent him over the R.B.

Warlock was a very gentle 5-year old black-eyed white and the very first of
2 my son gave me 4 years ago.  Warlock's friend Demi Sioux died of
insulinoma in Sept.  1993.  Warlock was the dominant ferret of the group of
11 but you would never know it to look at him.  He wasn't the biggest, he
wasn't even tough, never threw his weight around and never picked a fight or
bullied anyone.  He was "The Fonz" of the ferret kingdom - just the coolest.
When I adopted Chuckie who was very large, Chuckie wanted to be dominant and
tried to take on Warlock.  That was definitely a mistake.  Warlock pined him
to the floor to let him know in a very gentle way, that this was his house
and no newcomer was in charge.  Warlock had the cutest little way of
sleeping curled up with his front feet crossed like he was saying his
prayers.  He loved all the other fuzzballs and they all loved him
immediately when a new one came into the household.

I feel numb right now from the the ordeal of the past few days and just hope
that Chuckie can be helped now.  I will be anxious to get the ultrasound
done on Friday to see what condition he has.  He has been lethargic lately
and is about 5 years old.  He had x-rays done last week and his chest didn't
look clear like it should.  I hope it's curable.  I can't take much more of
this sadness.

Donna and Chuckie, Mistie, Barnaby, Becca, Sandie, Cassie, Monkey, Cubby and
Tawnee. We miss you Koti and Warlock but at least you're together now.