From:
Jacquie Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:34:37 -0700
>(lynn wrote).......found & they were on antibiotics, then negative on
>bacteria but poop didn't get normal.  Tested for parasites, negative.
>Again for bacteria, some found, again on antibiotics.  Negative.  Tested
>for Salmonella, because of the chicken, negative.  Bacteria yes, again
>Amoxi.  Then negative.  No normal poops.  Tested for ecoli, found & they
>were put on Trinethoprin or Trimethoprim which is a sulfur based drug...

I always follow any antibiotics or parasite treatments with acidophilus.
"Anti-biotics" unfortunately tend to kill ALL bacteria in the bowel, which
is great if you happen to have 'unhealthy bacteria' of some kind.....except
that some types of bacteria are healthy and necessary to help maintain
normal stools/bowel function.  Lack of this healthy bacteria is likely to
produce a variety of problems with diarrhea, strange color, increased gas,
etc, etc.

You can get acidophilus capsules at the pharmacy (non-prescription, of
course - in the vitamin/supplements/health food section).  I just open
one capsule into community bowl of duck soup and stir.  You will probably
notice a difference within 24 hours, but continue for three days just to be
sure all the "good" bacteria has a chance to get established in the bowel.

Oh, by the way, this is a good regimen for people to use after a round of
antibiotics also.....and for the same reasons......except you might want to
just take the capsules (as directed on the bottle) with water instead of
duck soup!

Here's to healthy poops for everyone!!  :-)

jacquie & the boys (Loki, Morgan & Turnip) & Sara the Wonderdog
"we all take acidophilus after antibiotics!!"